Trillanes says he filed early ICC intervention on Duterte’s war on drugs

MANILA, Philippines — Former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Thursday clarified that he andformer Magdalo Congressman Gary Alejano filed a communication with theInternational Criminal Court (ICC) on President Rodrigo Duterte’s war against illegal drugs ahead of the leftist groups.

In a statement, Trillanes said that the communication he and Alejano filed in June 2017 adopted and supplemented the one filed by lawyer Jude Josue Sabio in April that year.

“The formal withdrawal of Atty. Sabio from the ICC in January 2020 merely removed himself as a stakeholder and did not affect the case in any way since ICC’s processes are different from our own court processes. Besides, as mentione…

Keep on reading: Trillanes says he filed early ICC intervention on Duterte’s war on drugs

Must Read

World lost equivalent of 255 million jobs in 2020: UN

0
  by Nina LARSON Agence France Presse The coronavirus pandemic took a huge toll on global jobs last year, the United Nations said Monday,...