SAN ANTONIO, Zambales—Another elderly resident of Olongapo had died of COVID-19, bringing the city’s death toll to 63 as of Sunday (April 25), according to an official.
Citing local health data, Olongapo Mayor Rolen Paulino Jr. said the patient was a 70-year-old man from Barangay Gordon Heights.
The man, who was diabetic and hypertensive, died while being treated in a hospital. The result of his RT-PCR test turned out to be positive but was released only after he died.
Paulino said the patient initially tested positive for SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, in a rapid antigen test while confined in the hospital.
Last week alone, the city recorded at least six …
Keep on reading: Olongapo’s COVID-19 death toll grows longer with 63rd fatality