The University of Santo Tomas Hospital (USTH) said Tuesday that a patient who contracted a 2019 novel coronavirus or 2019 nCoV was admitted to the facility.
According to a statement from the USTH Office of the Medical Director posted by Varsitarian, UST’s official student publication, ‘is absurd in circulating social media and text messages of a novel coronavirus patient in USTH.’
The USTH director has confirmed that an established protocol is in place for handling patients suspected of having 2019-nCoV. country.
The Department of Health has previously said that the number of people under investigation in the country for possible 2019-nCoV infection has risen to 24.
DOH Undersecretary Eric Domingo said most patients under investigation are Chinese nationals. No Filipinos are involved. The 2019 nCoV was first seen in Wuhan, China last December.
According to the World Health Organization, the new strain of coronavirus has reached Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Nepal, the US, Canada, and France. The Chinese government had earlier said that deaths from the virus had reached 106.