DOH

Cebu-City

CEBU CITY – As Cebu City now becomes a new hotspot for Covid-19 cases, the health facilities in the city are now near a critical level. Department of Health Spokesperson Usec. Maria Rosario Vergeire said that 61 of its 80 barangays reported new cases in the past two weeks and 50-80% of the hospital beds and mechanical ventilators are already being used. Vergeire revealed that the reason why the city was

Trillanes wants Robredo to lead COVID-19 task force

MANILA – Former Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV has urged Malacañang to appoint Vice President Leni Robredo as head of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF-EID) if the government wants to successfully win its fight against the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Trillanes said that if Malacañang really wants to flatten the curve, then they should appoint Robredo as the IATF chairman. He believes Robredo can do

One of 215 people under investigation (PUIs) for a possible novel coronavirus (nCoV) infection died Thursday due to 'other causes,' according to the Department of Health on Friday.

One of 215 people under investigation (PUIs) for a possible novel coronavirus (nCoV) infection died Thursday due to ‘other causes,’ according to the Department of Health on Friday. The second PUI death confirmed yesterday was a case of pneumonia in a patient with underlying pulmonary disease, ‘DOH spokesman Undersecretary Eric Domingo told a press conference in Manila. No other details were disclosed. The first case of PUI death was an

firecrackers

On Thursday, the Department of Health (DOH) again pressed for a ban on firecrackers and pyrotechnic devices in the country, stressing that even legal items caused injuries during the recent holiday celebrations. He said that they would only be used in “well-controlled and well-organized” neighborhood firework displays. At least 164 reported cases of firecracker-related injuries were reported during recent revelries, according to the DOH. Most were reported in Metro Manila,

This image is about African swine fever

An agricultural official announced on Wednesday that no cure or vaccine has been demonstrated against African swine fever in response to reports of some anti-disease drugs. Over the past months, dead pigs infected with the swine fever have been turning up in waterways in Metro Manila, including the Marikina River, forcing officials to enact protocols such as culling in their respective cities. Some provinces, including Cebu, have also ordered banning

This image is taken from DOH 2020 budget

The budget for next year’s Department of Health was cut by P16.6 billion, former Health Chief and now Iloilo Rep. Janette Garin said Tuesday in the midst of a dengue and measles epidemic and the country’s polio revival. Garin said previously that the DOH budget was reduced by P10 billion, but she said it was effectively P16.6 billion after further inspection because the allocation of human resources was moved to

mos

The government of the Philippines stood firm on its ban on the world’s first dengue vaccine on Tuesday while declaring a nationwide mosquito-borne disease epidemic that it said it murdered hundreds this year. From January 1 to July 20, the incidence of dengue rose by 98 percent from a year ago to 146,062 instances, causing 662 fatalities, Health Secretary Francisco Duque told a news conference announcing a “domestic dengue epidemic.”

Zamboanga

There is a rise in dengue instances led local authorities in Zamboanga Sibugay and South Cotabato to declare a state of calamity. Some dengue patients from Zamboanga Sibugay were taken for therapy to Zamboanga City and put in a hospital room as the rooms were complete. The amount of dengue instances in Zamboanga Sibugay increased by 2,000 percent compared to the amount of instances in 2018, based on information from

immunization

Only patients with parental consent can take advantage of the government’s free immunization program by Department of Health. (DOH) The Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said that using the school-based platform, the DOH would continue to provide free vaccination to school-age children from kindergarten to grade 7. After a fast health assessment and evaluation of their immunization status against measles, only learners with parental consent will be vaccinated. However, the

students

ILOILO CITY — Elementary students here have been taught on how to protect themselves from dengue during Friday’s observance of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Dengue Day 2019. Dr. Rose Marie Lamirez, Medical Officer IV of the Department of Health (DOH) – Center for Health Development (CHD) 6 (Western Visayas) said children themselves should be aware of ways to prevent the mosquito-borne disease. “Our children are affected –