“Request for Extension of MECQ to 1 month is being Observed to Create Capacity for Healthcare”

Tony Leachon

The modified strengthened community quarantine in Metro Manila and surrounding provinces imposed until August 18 should be extended to a full month in order to flatten the country’s COVID-19 epidemic curve, stated the former Advisor to the Pandemic Task Force.

Former National Task Force for COVID-19 Special Adviser Dr. Tony Leachon said that the extension of the quarantine, which started and is necessary to develop the country’s healthcare capacity in the meantime in order to tackle the health crisis effectively.

The modified enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila and surrounding provinces imposed until August 18 should be extended to a full month in order to flatten the country’s COVID-19 epidemic curve, said Saturday the former Advisor to the Pandemic Task Force.

Earlier this week, President Rodrigo Duterte approved the Health Department ‘s proposal to reintroduce MECQ to Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, and Bulacan after a medical frontline called for a “pause” span so that the government can recalibrate its COVID-19 response efforts.

The quarantine period recommended by healthcare workers is designed to buy time to address existing issues related to hospital workforce efficiency, failure to identify and isolate cases, lack of contact tracing and quarantine, transport safety, safety at work, public self-protection and social improvement.

Meanwhile, a month-long lockdown would also allow the Philippines to bridge its health gap and control the crisis in the months leading up to the vaccine expected towards the end of the year.

To know more about Philippines news:
https://filipinolive.com/category/national/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *