A Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) official said Thursday that Metro Manila mayors will be granted two months or 60 days to clear government highways in the respective fields of any obstruction.
DILG Under-Secretary for Operations Epimaco Densing said the department is presently preparing a circular memorandum for this order.
They expect the circular memorandum to be out next week. Densing stated after a conference with Metro Manila mayors and town administrators, adding the memorandum is being drafted right now.
DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said previously that he wanted Metro Manila streets to be cleared on or before September.
In his fourth State of the Nation Address (SONA) last Monday, President Rodrigo Duterte directed mayors and governors to reclaim government highways or risk suspension.