Gunman who shot 3 at U.S festival killed himself

gunshot

LOS ANGELES, USA – The 19-year-old perpetrator of the recent U.S. mass shooting murdered himself, the coroner’s office said Friday, August 2, in contradiction with police reports that policemen shot the teen dead within a minute.

 

At last Sunday’s famous festival in the town of Gilroy, California, Santino William Legan was armed with an AK-47-type assault rifle, killing two kids and a 25-year-old person. In the assault, twelve individuals were also injured.

 

Police said Legan’s rampage was halted because three policemen reacted quickly and shot him down. But the medical examiner from Santa Clara County said on Friday that Legan had died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, reports from the US press said.

 

Investigators are still attempting to identify a reason for the assault. Mass shootings are a common event in the U.S., yet, despite the scale of the issue of gun violence, attempts to tackle it by law have mainly stalled at the national level. So far this year, 247 mass shootings have taken place in the United States, according to Gun Violence Archive, a non-profit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *