Duterte wants to talk to Joma one-on-one, Panelo says

This image is about President Rodrigo Duterte

President Rodrigo Duterte has planned to come home and have a one-on-one conversation with the Communist Party of the Philippines founding chairman Jose Maria Sison, presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo said Thursday.

Panelo assured Sison he’s not going to be arrested.

He said Duterte wanted an explanation of the violations of the truce that the New People’s Army allegedly committed.

He said the president had already ordered officials concerned to investigate the suspected NPA attacks during the ceasefire.

On Sunday, the government and the Philippine Communist Party announced a truce for the holiday season and provided an enabling atmosphere for the possible revival of peace talks. It’s going to last until 7 January.

The attackers allegedly shot at the government troops and lobbied a suspected improvised explosive device, killing one soldier and injuring six others.

Elsewhere, alleged communist rebels have also ambushed state security forces onboard a patrol vehicle in Tubungan, Iloilo. In this assault, two cops were wounded.

Pursuant to the mutual and reciprocal truce, police officers also pulled out of the area when a landmine was exploded in Barangay Singon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *