Duterte not taking 3-days break anymore, Panelo says

This image is about President Rodrigo Duterte

President Rodrigo Duterte is no longer going to take a 3-day break, said Monday Malacañang.

The president declined the suggestion of well-meaning friends to rest for a couple of days, said in a statement presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo.

In a press briefing on Monday afternoon, he said earlier that the chief executive would rest because Duterte felt overworked and lacked sleep.

After attending the wake of John Gokongwei Jr. at Heritage Park in Taguig City, Duterte will fly to Davao City on Monday night.

Ohn Gokongwei Jr. dies at 93. He will continue to work there at his residence, said Panelo.

He added, While the demands of pressing work that go hand in hand with the land’s highest position are unceasing, the people can rest assured that the president can keep up with the same and is in the best position to know how to keep him on top of his safety.

Panelo said earlier that Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea would be the caretaker of the government while the president would rest.

Sen. Bong Go said Duterte planned to take a week-long break after his visit to Thailand for the Southeast Asian Nations Association (ASEAN) Summit in a separate interview.

He also told the public that there was nothing to fear about the safety of the president.

Read more related  about the Filipinolive national: https://filipinolive.com/category/national/ 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *