DOTR withdraws bid for emergency powers vs traffic – Poe

This image is about emergency powers vs traffic

Sen. Grace Poe verified Wednesday that the government has dropped its bid for emergency powers to tackle the worsening traffic condition in metropolitan centers in the country.

Poe said the Department of Transportation announced its decision to withdraw its application for emergency powers to tackle traffic congestion during Monday’s technical working group session with the Senate Committee on Public Services.

That’s what they said at the session of the TWG. I don’t understand, but it can be withdrawn. But we still have the choice that Poe told journalists to come up with a traffic management plan.

A declaration from Poe’s office cited Transportation Undersecretary for Road and Transport Infrastructure Mark Richmund De Leon as stating: “We got a message from Secretary Tugade that he echoes the President’s declaration that he is no longer going to seek emergency powers.”

 

Duterte ‘ wants, but won’t plead’ for emergency powers vs. traffic woes–Palace Poe and Arthur Tugade, Secretary of Transportation, traded barbs for the granting of emergency traffic control powers. Poe is president of the Public Services Committee of the Senate, which conducts deliberations on the request for emergency powers.

The ally Sen. Francis Tolentino of President Rodrigo Duterte submitted an urgent traffic bill authority at the 18th Congress.

Poe punished the transport department for not submitting to her commission a thorough traffic management plan that would have accelerated the enactment of a law on emergency powers.

She also said the Department of Transportation could have implemented traffic-free policies that do not require emergency powers.

“Not all is regulated. Sometimes you just need to bring individuals together… it may not be emergency powers, it may just be a traffic solution,” Poe said during the conference on Monday.

Expanded powers would allow the government to use quicker procurement techniques to tackle the traffic issue in infrastructure projects. Presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo said previously that it would also deter parties from seeking traffic-related halt orders.

Read more related  about the Filipinolive national: https://filipinolive.com/category/national/

Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest content

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *