Cagayan in a state of crisis as 11 cities are still flooded; 4 killed, 1 missing

This image is about Cagayan

Cagayan province was put in a state of disaster on Friday due to the flooding that affected several cities in the northwest region.

According to the Provincial Information Office of Cagayan, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan made the statement during a special session on Friday afternoon.

Continuous heavy rains from Typhoon Quiel and a cold front’s tail end over the past couple of days have flooded rice fields, residential and commercial areas.

In an interview on Saturday, Cagayan Governor Manuel Mamba told Dobol B sa News TV that 11 cities in the northwestern region are still flooded.

These are Sta’s cities. Praxedes, Claveria, Pamplona, Abulug, Ballesteros, Allacapan, Aparri, Gonzaga, Sta, Sanchez Mira. Ana Baggao ka.

In the northern Luzon province of Cagayan, the towns of Allacapan and Claveria were previously placed under calamity on Thursday due to flooding caused by constant rain.

In an interview on Dobol B icol News TV broadcast on GMA News TV, Michael Conag, Information Officer of the Office of Civil Defense (OCD)-Region 2, said that four people have died and one is missing.

Mamba said that as of Friday night, more than 7,000 people are in evacuation centers. In 72 evacuation centers, these represent 1,791 families.

The governor of Cagaya also said this was the first time that the province had such severe flooding.

Read more related  about the Filipinolive national: https://filipinolive.com/category/national/ 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *