“Anxious Filipinos Over the Widespread Infection of COVID-19 Rise to 85%”

COVID-19

According to a survey conducted by Social Weather Stations (SWS), the findings of which is published on Wednesday, an overwhelming 85% of Filipinos are still worried regarding COVID-19 captures.

 The survey did not show a significant shift in Filipinos’ interest, relative to a survey conducted last May by SWS. It was carried out from 3 to 6 July via cell phone interviews with 1,555 respondents, all of whom were adult Filipinos

 The findings also revealed that 67% were somewhat concerned and 18% were somewhat nervous — a combined 85% concerned. This barely differed from the 87 percent worried (73 percent worried a lot, 14 percent worried a little), 7 percent worried a little and 7 percent didn’t worry about catching the virus in May 2020.

 Compared to recent SWS studies, there is greater anxiety regarding getting COVID-19 than questions regarding receiving existing viruses such as Ebola, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, and Extreme Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). SWS observed that the survey was conducted after neighborhood quarantines were eased in most sections of the world, including Metro Manila — whose people appear to be the most concerned, with 92 percent of the population fearing infection.

 After Metro Manila, coronavirus apprehension was 87% strongest in Balance Luzon, led by Visayas 85% and Mindanao 77%. In its reaction to COVID-19, the government has been widely blamed for its perceived deficiencies, claiming the policy has prioritized certain concerns over the current health problem.

 Cabinet leaders, including presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, however, had earlier told the public that the government’s response to COVID-19 was not ineffective, citing studies that placed the number of infectious individuals at 3.5 million if the government had not implemented various quarantine rates nationally.

 In this way, the SWS also found a connection between a higher degree of concern and a higher degree of education — as concern for college graduates was 89% led by junior high school graduates 86%, elementary graduates 80%  and non-elementary graduates 79%.

 With this increasing number of infected COVID-19, the patient will trigger Filipinos to worry about the days to come. But still hoping that better days are ahead and cure will finally arrive at the country’s time of need.

To know more about Philippines News:
https://filipinolive.com/category/national/

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *